Welcome To Our New Guidance Counsellor Mr. Reid

Hello, parents and guardians of Grade 8 students!

My name is Mr Reid, I am the acting Guidance Counsellor for 8 TDSB schools and will be supporting Ms Biggs-Martin while she is on leave.

I am an active father of two girls aged 9 and 11. It is because of my children that I decided to change my profession in 2015 and become a Second Career Teacher. In my previous career, I was a CRA Tax Auditor for 24 years and spent 1 year as a Toronto Police Constable Candidate. https://news.westernu.ca/2017/06/grad-perseveres-toward-hard-won-second-career/

My main career is with the TDSB as a Guidance and Co-operative Education Teacher. My other employment is with Humber College as a part-time Professor where I teach 1st-year college courses that help students define their educational and career goals and determine the steps needed to reach those goals. I am a lifelong learner and have earned multiple degrees. I am currently in the final year of completing a Master of Education degree and pursuing my Doctorate in Education.

I am excited to assist the students, parents and guardians of your school in making decisions about their children’s academic choices and transitioning to high school.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Mr. Reid

Popular posts from this blog

The Dance-a-thon is next week!

Congrats Grade 8 Girls Volleyball!

Congrats Junior House League Dodgeball Superheroes!