Message from the Chair

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome everybody back to a new school year. I am excited to be back on the Parent Advisory Committee and look forward to what will, no doubt, be a great year for the school and our community.

I would like to welcome Liz Leason and Paula Larrondo back to the council. They will be reprising their roles as Secretary and Ward 7 Rep. I am excited to introduce Nick Szymanis as our new Co-Chair. Nick is relatively new to the school community but brings with him an eagerness to build on engagement and fundraising. We are still looking for a Treasurer so if there is someone out there who wants to get involved, please let me know. I would also like to thank Andre Breau, Marissa Heisel and Sally Brady for their work on the council over the past few years. Although they are no longer part of the Executive, it is my hope they continue as integral contributors to the council.

The next Council meeting will be held in the auditorium on Thursday, October 21, at which time we will be laying out our plans for the school year and looking for new volunteers for various committees (i.e. arts, playground, etc).

Last night there was a great turnout for our discussion regarding the current food program. There were many new faces and a positive energy. We have formed a committee to brainstorm on creating a new model for the school. If you are interested in getting involved in this, or any other initiative, kindly contact me at LDOOHER@rogers.com.

In closing, I would like to welcome our new Principal, Mr. Alexander Moy, to our school community. I have met with him personally and he shares our goal of a prosperous and fun year.

Regards,
Lisa Dooher, Chair, Fern Avenue Parent Advisory Council

Popular posts from this blog

Fern Running Club

Choir Performing at the Spring Concert

Spring Fling 2024: Taylor's Version