Free The Children - Vow of Silence

FTC organized the Vow of Silence on November 22 in support of the children in the world who do not have a voice. 81 participants from Grades 4 to 8 took the Vow and fell silent for all or some of the day. Over $1,300 has been raised so far, and not all of our pledges are in! All monies raised will be donated to our clean water project in Kenya.

Ella and Elizaveta, Members of FTC


Here are some quotes from the Vow participants:

“By taking the vow, I realized that communication is such a big part of my life and what loneliness those people who don’t have a voice must feel, not being able to talk freely.”
-Lena

“I didn’t have the right to speak or be heard, one of the most challenging things to do.”
-Eliaveta

“It felt good talking (after the Vow). I felt like a bird who was trapped in a cage but suddenly set free!”
–Daniela

“I can’t imagine what it would be like to not have a voice or rights.”
- Wayke

“Everybody should be able to have a voice in the world.”
-Katrina

“Now I respect those who do not have a voice. And I know what it feels like.”
-Jane

“I learned that when one person starts helping, we all start helping.”
-Lena F.

“I can’t imagine getting hurt for talking.”
-Kai

“It feels like you’re excluded from everything around you.”
-Tony

“I never appreciated having a voice so much.”
-Valerie J

Popular posts from this blog

Choir Performing at the Spring Concert

Fern Running Club

Spring Fling 2024: Taylor's Version