Grade 7 and 8 Career Day April 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am in the planning stages of our Grade 7 and 8 Career Day for the third week of April 2012. I am hoping to have Skills Canada come and do a presentation on skilled trades.  It would be nice to have a variety of workshops for the students to participate in.  The purpose of the workshops will be to introduce students to careers and the paths it took the presenters to get there and raise their awareness of career possibilities.  I am hoping to expose students to a variety of jobs within a career field from all 4 pathways (directly to work, apprenticeship, college and university).

I want to start with the Fern community and then reach out to other people.  Please let me know if you or a relative, friend or acquaintance could be interested in participating.  I am easiest to reach through email.  Please pass on my email: dara.schwartz@tdsb.on.ca.  Depending on the number of presentators, I will be able to determine how many and the length of the workshops.  I would say anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes.  I am planning to do this in the afternoon and if you/they could give me a couple of choices for afternoons during the third week in April I will do my best to accommodate.

If you would like to be involved in the process of organizing this event, please let me know.  I would love to have others involved.

Thanks,

Dara Schwartz
Guidance

Popular posts from this blog

Choir Performing at the Spring Concert

Fern Running Club

Spring Fling 2024: Taylor's Version